Addressing one of the comments in this video. If I say that science has done more for women then feminism has or ever will. This is not stating that Feminism has done nothing for women.
I really believe that the moral zeitgeist will enable a social movement to happen, whilst the actions of that movement will largely be to push a pendulum that was moving anyway. They push the pendulum of equal rights with all their force so that the pendulum swings to the other side and the oppressed become the oppressors.
The enabler of women’s liberty is science. Science has enabled.
- The automation to a large extent of domestic duties.
- Healthier lives (less children are needed to ensure that some make it to adulthood).
- Making childbirth safer.
- A safer more prosperous society and workplace for women to work in. We have jobs now that never would have made it in the past.
- The pill, giving women control over their reproductive lives.
- Abortions (a medical field), giving women complete control over their reproductive lived (a right that men have yet to gain).
Posted on: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:52 PM